The purpose of the DeVry University Copyright Policy is to provide guidelines for the creation and use of copyrighted works by DeVry University community. The policy will:
- preserve and protect the privileges and practices of dissemination of scholarly works within Copyright law;
- foster the university's involvement in the creation of scholarly work for the community;
- insure and encourage the open and free exchange of ideas;
- promote responsible use of copyrighted material in the classroom through information technology;
- create awareness of information usage and the rights entitled when something original is created, archived, and disseminated.